Informatie voortgezet onderwijs - overig contact - Engels
Information letter for secondary education - other contact
Please note! This information is important for you.
Dear pupil and parent(s)/guardian(s),
This letter has been sent to you because you were in the vicinity of someone who has corona at school. This letter provides you with more information as well as rules to be followed. This will allow you to help prevent the people around you from getting infected.
What does this mean for you?
You may be infected with corona. As this is very unlikely, you may still go to school as long as you do not have any symptoms.
However, you should keep a close watch on your health during the next 10 days to see if you develop any symptoms associated with corona, such as:
- cold-like symptoms: nasal congestion, a runny nose, sneezing, a sore throat
- tightness of the chest or shortness of breath
- a temperature or fever
- sudden loss of smell and/or taste.
If you develop any of the above symptoms, you should immediately make an appointment for a test at the Municipal Public Health Services (GGD) by calling 0800-1202 or online at coronatest.nl. Never do a self-test if you have any symptoms. Until you receive the result of the test, you should remain at home and not have any contact with persons outside your own household.
Rules of behaviour
It is important that you follow the rules of behaviour. By doing so, you help to prevent the coronavirus from spreading further and infecting other persons around you.
Activities and social distancing
- You should avoid busy and congested places as much as possible.
- You do not have to maintain social distancing from the other persons living in your household.
- If you do not have any symptoms, you may go to school and participate in group activities such as sports.
- You should regularly wash your hands with water and soap; always do so:
- after coughing and sneezing
- after going to the toilet
- before preparing food or eating food.
- Use a paper tissue if you have a cough. If you do not have a paper tissue at hand, you should cough in the fold of your elbow.
- You should use a tissue only once, after which you should dispose of it in the waste and wash your hands.
More information or questions for parent(s)/guardian(s)
We understand that the situation at hand can lead to concern and questions. Do you have any questions about corona at your child’s school? Or do you have any doubts regarding the symptoms displayed by your child? Then you should telephone the Municipal Public Health Services (GGD). For specific information about corona in schools and the educational sector, go to Rijksoverheid.nl and rivm.nl. You can also call the information number 0800-1351.