Informatie voor positief getest persoon - Engels
Please note! This information is important for persons tested positive for COVID-19
You are receiving this letter because you have coronavirus. This letter details rules you have to keep to. It is perhaps not all that easy to adhere to these rules, but it is very important. This helps to prevent the people around you from also getting infected. The appendix to this letter contains the rules of daily behaviour for you and your housemates. It is important that everyone follows them.
Isolation at home
To prevent you from further spreading the coronavirus, you must immediately go into isolation at home. If you need assistance when you are in isolation, then read this folder containing additional explanations and tips.
If you become seriously ill or need medical assistance during your isolation, call your general practitioner immediately and explain that you are in isolation for corona.
Ending your isolation
When you are allowed to end your isolation, depends on your symptoms and health. Below you can find in which situation you may end your isolation. During the contact tracing investigation, the municipal health service will talk to you about the situation that applies to you.
- You may end your isolation after a minimum of 7 days have passed after the start of your symptoms and after 24 hours have passed without your having any symptoms associated with corona. If your symptoms continue, you may end your isolation after 14 days.
- If your immune system has been weakened due to illness or medications, then you may end your isolation 14 days after the start of your symptoms.
You may not have had any symptoms when you were tested. Below you can read in which situation you may then end your isolation.
- If you still do not have any symptoms associated with corona 5 days after the test, you can end your isolation after those 5 days. Have you been fully vaccinated against corona or did you have a positive corona test within the past 6 months? Then you may end your isolation after 3 days if you do not develop any symptoms.
- If you do develop symptoms associated with corona after the test, then you must remain in isolation for a longer period. You may end your isolation after a minimum of 7 days have passed after the start of your symptoms and after 24 hours have passed without your having any symptoms associated with corona.
- If you do develop symptoms associated with corona after the test and your immune system has been weakened due to illness or medications, then you may end your isolation 14 days after the start of your symptoms.
If your situation is different or you have any questions about your isolation or your health, then please call the municipal health service for more information.
Continue monitoring the general recommendations at Rijksoverheid.nl. Do so even after you are no longer in isolation
Appendix: Rules of behaviour
Rules of daily behaviour when in isolation
It is important to follow these rules of behaviour. By doing so, you help to prevent the coronavirus from spreading further and infecting other persons around you.
1. You have corona and are going into isolation. The following rules of behaviour apply during the period that you are in home isolation.
Going into home isolation means that you remain in your own room and also sleep there. Your housemates do not enter your room. You therefore have no contact with your housemates.
- You are not allowed to go outside, to school, the shops, or to work.
- Have others do your shopping for you or have everything delivered to your home.
- You can sit in your garden or on your balcony.
- You are not allowed to receive visitors, except for medical reasons (for example a GP or someone from the municipal health service).
- The only people who are allowed to be with you in your home are the people you live with. You have no contact with your housemates. So no hugging, kissing or having sex.
- Stay in your own room and also sleep there by yourself. Open the window in your room three times a day for periods of 15 minutes each to allow fresh air to come in.
- If possible, use a separate toilet and bathroom for yourself. Clean it every day.
- Use your own towels and your own toothbrush.
- Put your laundry into a separate laundry basket. Launder it separately using a complete cycle at a minimum of 40° centigrade.
- Use your own separate cutlery, plates, cups and glasses.
- Wash your dishes separately, using washing-up liquid and hot water, or in the dishwasher on an extensive cleaning cycle.
- Dispose of your waste in a separate waste bag in your own room. The waste bag can be disposed of together with the residual waste.
- If you have a pet dog or cat, Then please read the recommendations on RIVM’s Pets and Covid-19.
2. General hygiene rules during isolation. These rules are important for everyone with corona.
The hygiene rules are intended to prevent infection insofar as possible.
- Use a paper tissue for coughing, blowing your nose, or sneezing. If you do not have a paper tissue to hand, you must cough sneeze in the fold of your elbow.
- Use the tissue only once, and dispose of it in a plastic bag after use. Wash your hands.
- Regularly wash your hands with water and soap. You should always do so:
- after coughing and sneezing;
- after going to the toilet;
- after cleaning and clearing up;
- before preparing food or eating food.
- Every day you should clean items you use frequently, such as the flush, the tap, doorknobs and light switches. Use an ordinary cleaning agent, and put the cleaning cloth into the laundry immediately after using it.