Informatiebrief overige contacten - Engels
Letter for other contacts of someone with coronavirus (COVID-19)
We are sending you this information because you have been in contact with someone who has coronavirus. Please read this letter carefully. This letter details rules you have to keep to.
You must keep a close eye on your state of health for 10 days.
You may be infected with coronavirus.
Testing without symptoms on day 5:
Even if you do not have any symptoms, it is good to get tested. This allows us to detect the coronavirus quickly, even before you have symptoms. The recommendation is to get tested for COVID-19 from 5 days after the last contact with the person who tested positive. You should make an appointment by calling 0800-2035.
You don't have to stay home while you are waiting for the test results, as long as you don't have any symptoms.
If the test result is positive (an infection is detected), you will go into home isolation. In that case, other household members must also stay home. The Municipal Public Health Service (GGD) will contact you.
Do you have symptoms?
If you develop symptoms, you may not go outside. You must stay home and may not have any contact with people outside the household, until the test results are known.
- cold symptoms: nasal cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat
- sudden loss of smell and taste
- shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- elevated temperature or fever. If you think you might have a fever, take your temperature (rectally or using an ear thermometer). A temperature of 38.0°C or higher is considered a fever.
If you get symptoms you are not allowed to go outside. You should call the Municipal Public Health Service (GGD), even if you recently tested negative. You should consult with the GGD and they will decide whether you can take a (new) coronavirus test. You should stay at home and not have any contact with others until you receive the test result.
If you are in any doubt, or are experiencing other symptoms, please telephone your local GGD. The GGD will discuss with you whether it is a good idea for you to get a test.
If you are seriously ill and need medical assistance, You should not go to your GP's surgery or to hospital, but instead telephone your GP directly.
We request that you strictly comply with the applicable general measures:
Cough or sneeze into your elbow and wash your hand.
- Regularly wash your hands with water and soap. You should always do so:
- after coughing and sneezing;
- after you have been to the lavatory;
- after cleaning and clearing up;
- before cooking and eating.
- Please use a paper tissue if you have a cough.
- If you do not have a paper tissue to hand, please sneeze into your elbow.
- Only use a tissue once and then dispose of it in a waste bin. Wash your hands afterwards.
Keep your distance
- Avoid busy locations.
- Stay 1.5 metres away from others.
- Work at home as much as possible.
If you no longer have any symptoms after 10 days, you should observe the general coronavirus recommendations. For more information, please visit Government.nl. If you have any questions, please then call your local GGD or study the information on coronavirus COVID-19 on Government.nl.